Joomla 1.7.0 Released
The Joomla Project is pleased to announce the immediate availability of Joomla 1.7.0. This is a security release. This is also the first release made within the new six-month release cycle that started with the delivery of Joomla 1.6 in January 2011.
News from Joomla! Website
The Production Leadership Team's goal is to continue to provide regular, frequent updates to the Joomla community. Learn more about Joomla! developement at the Developer Site.
Version 1.6.5 will reach end of life one month from today, on 19 August 2011. All users of version 1.6 should update to version 1.7.0 before that time. The update process is very simple, and complete instructions are available here.
New Installations: Click here to download Joomla 1.7.0 (Full package) »
Update Package: Click here to download Joomla 1.7.0 (Update package) »
Note: Please read the update instructions before updating.
- New installation and technical requirements
- Upgrade from an existing Joomla 1.6 version
- Migration from Joomla! 1.5.x
Please note that you should always backup your site before upgrading.
Check the Joomla 1.7.0 Post-Release FAQs to see if there are important items and helpful hints discovered after the release.
New Features Added
In addition to the new Joomla Platform, the following new features have been added, with links to the Feature tracker issue.
- Add support to log deprecated API (Andrew Eddie)
- JToolBarHelper functions for Save and Create New and Save as Copy (Joseph LeBlanc)
- Mod_custom with backgroundimages (Angie Radtke)
- Allow preselection of categories in com_content (Peter Kneisel)
- Add JFormRuleOptions rule to validate type="list" parameters (Mark Dexter)
- Make copy/move consistent across components (Michael Babker)
- Update TinyMCE to version 3.4 (Rouven Weßling)
- New parameters are present for the language switcher (Jean-Marie Simonet)
- Translation teams can now include a css file in their admin pack to change the fonts used in back-end (Jean-Marie Simonet)
- Language manager now displays installed language in tabs (Michael Babker)
- Improve the installation (Rouven Weßling)
- Make single contact view ready to use dynamic forms (Elin Waring)
- JToolBar cleanup for Save and Create New and Save as Copy (Joseph LeBlanc)
- Add ability to save a search in a menu item (Elin Waring)
- Mass Mail - exclude disabled user (Rune Sjøen and Bill Richardson)
- Add PHP and HTML modes to CodeMirror (Rouven Weßling)
- JModelList casts $query to string unnecessarily making it impossible to implement Joomfish (Geraint Edwards)
- Add to debug log information component and module start time and memory use when showing (Vladimir Serotyukov and Dennis Hermatski)
- View Access Level not testing in Administrator Models (Amy Stephen)
- Add support for OpenSearch to com_search (Rouven Weßling)
- Automatic DB update (Christophe Demko)
- Add WAI-ARIA and HTML5 support the progressbar.js (Rouven Weßling)
- Make loadmodule plugin more useful (Elin Waring)
- "Select a Menu Item Type" in modal box in menu item edit page (Dennis Hermatski)
- Add to debug log information component and module start time and memory use when showing
- Association between menu items in multilingual settings.
- Add an ordering column to table jos_languages